Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Getting Back to Blogging

Unfortunately I have not been as active in my blog :/ I have been super busy with schoolwork and research. I am a biochemistry major, philosophy minor, on a pre-med track. I spend most of my time trying to get into medical school (unfortunately). I want to do an MD/PhD, which is basically me spending half of my life in school. However, I do want to be at the frontier of research and medicine, as many diseases, both psychological, neural, and cancerous, have affected my family. As a result of my schoolwork and passion, I do not spend much time on my blog anymore. However, I do plan to change that.
On another note, I am very excited to start my sophomore year at Spelman College. I am a (not-so-recent) graduate of Charles Drew High School, where I achieved the coveted title of valedictorian, even while being homeless. It has taken me some time to adjust to the rigors of college, but I am ready to put in my all next semester, and for the rest of my years at Spelman College. While at Spelman College I have become very active on campus, something I was not able to do as a homeless student in high school. Right now, I am on the swim team, I am apart of United Students Against Sweatshops, Atlanta University Center Alliance for Fair Labor, and I am vice-president of the Honors Program Student Association. Unfortunately, I am not involved in any writing organization on campus, but I do hope to change that. I do plan on being a part of many more organizations, such as FunLab, Feminist Majority Leadership Alliance, Chemistry Club, Sista Speak Up, being a social justice associate, and whatever else I get the time to devote to. Also, I look forward to becoming a WISDOM scholar (Women In Spiritual Discernment of Ministry). I firmly believe that my faith has kept me grounded and has allowed me to grow as an individual and as a scholar.

TL;DR: 
I am a very involved young woman and I look forward to blogging. As I continue to blog, I hope to add videos as well as more poems. In addition, I would like yo add sections that relate to my journey to becoming a doctor, social justice issues, study tips/habits, and anything that I feel is very interesting. 
I hope you all will enjoy my blog. If not, that is understandable because unfortunately, I am not the most interesting person. :( 
I just want to have fun and hopefully encourage/help someone and make people laugh. :):-)

No comments:

Post a Comment