Saturday, August 16, 2014

Michael Brown

Unfortunately, we have lost another young, black male to a senseless crime. The black community, as well as others of different races, are in an uproar over the shooting of 18 year-old Michael Brown. As an advocate for social justice,I am disheartened by the shooting of this young man, as we do not know the accomplishments that this young man may have achieved. As I read the story, I imagined my own brother being shot, and pain shot through my heart like a sharpened sword. I send my condolences to the family and I hope that justice will soon be served for Michel Brown. Michael Brown's family will continue to be in my prayers, as this tragedy continues to gather the nation into action.

As for the peaceful, and not-so-peaceful, rioters in Missouri, I commend your strength and valor in this time of uproar. It is unfortunate that the citizens of Ferguson, Missouri have had to resort to thievery and vandalism in order to get their point across, and I hope that the protesters will revert back to non-violent protesting. Again, I will keep Ferguson, Missouri in prayer, as well as the rest of the nation as we continue to struggle with decreasing racial tensions in the land of the free and the home of the brave.

No comments:

Post a Comment