Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Dear Mama

When I woke up
Said this is my life
No umbilical chord
Cut it with a knife
Depend on no one
No one to depend on
Watched you walk out my life
But I still stayed strong
I won't let you
Watch me fail
Don't put me in that position
Holding on to you, my rail
Never ever begged
But I'm glad I got you back
Said you'd never make it
That's the way the cards was stacked
Everyday I prayed for you
It's all I ever did
My love so strong
They can never put a lid
On my love, cause you're my everything
Whenever I trip, you hand me a cain
Watched you go through pain
And all I saw is people
Use your name in vein
But that's why I never
Let anyone disrespect you
Talk about my mom
Get up out of my view
You try your best
Never wipe your hands with me
Every other day you say
You can't live without me
Truth is ma
I only live for you
You encourage me
To do the best that I can do
Never let anyone bring me down
Never let my grades fall
That's all you ever preached
So that's why I always give my all
Remember those tears
Listening to Aaliyah, I missed
You, on those late nights
3 long years I didn't get a kiss
Before bedtime
I'm so glad that you're mine
You'll do your best for me
And I'll do the best for you
You and God is all I need
On everything, that's the truth

No comments:

Post a Comment